Unfortunately, this is an issue with Version 6.0. “Blank” records can be created by closing the personal profile data entry screen before all required data is entered. (These records show on the top of the client pick list.) You will need to install Version 7.0 to fix the problem.
1) Make back up of your PowerPath data (from Utility menu). Save the backup on the desktop or removable storage with date (no periods or dashes). This will ensure that none of your data is lost if something goes awry during installation.
2) Load Version 7.0! Your current data will automatically be retained and incorporated as the program is updated.
3) Delete blank records using the "delete blank records" feature on Utility menu (follow instructions). This will name the blank records as DUMMY records that can then be accessed, edited or deleted from the client pick list.
4) Run Participant Exception Report (from Reports/Administrative) and correct any missing data (some fields may have changed on updated version).
First of all, do not panic. There are several things that could interfere with the report printing process. Please restart your computer, open the PowerPath program, reindex data tables (under Utility menu), and check to see if the program is running properly. You may not need to contact PowerPath technical assistance.
If you are still experiencing difficulties, gather the above Tech Support information, then, please review the following questions/suggestions:
• Is the computer is properly hooked up to the printer?
• Are you on a network? Network-connected computers will have trouble printing reports. Please install your PowerPath software on a computer and printer that are not hooked up to a network.
• Are any other programs running while trying to print reports? The PowerPath software will run more smoothly if all other applications are closed (i.e., email providers, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Word, etc.)
If you are unable to properly run the software, please contact The TLP Group to purchase our latest version of PowerPath.
If the Software fills the entire screen so that you cannot see any buttons or can’t locate a print button, find any way to move around the different screens or enter data, you may need to change your pixel settings which will resize your monitor display. Go into your Control Panel Display tab and make sure that the Screen Resolution is set to at least 800 x 600, or even better at 1024 x 768. (Detailed instructions below.) If you have any problems, please call the PowerLine at 1.800.641.3632.
Follow these directions to reset the pixel size of your display:
1) Go to Start
2) Go to Settings
3) Click on Control Panel
4) Click on the icon labeled “Display” (an icon in the shape of your computer monitor)
5) Click on the Settings Tab
6) Go to the Screen Area box at the lower right of the Settings Tab which should show the current pixel setting. 640 x 480 is TOO LOW. PowerPath will not display properly on screen with this setting. Slide the bar on the LESS—MORE line one notch to the right. The setting should read 800 x 600. Click on Apply. You will get a message reading “Windows will now re-size your desktop. This could take a few seconds…” Click on OK. (NOTE: The screen may blink.)
7) You will get a message reading “You have re-sized your desktop. Do you want to keep this setting?” If you can see the buttons, click on Yes. If not, don’t fret. Sometimes even 800 x 600 is not enough and you will need to go back into the Setting Tab and move it to 1024 x 768.
In all versions of PowerPath, you may eventually run out of licensed client records. If you are receiving messages about license expiration, please call the PowerLine at 1.800.641.3632 to purchase more licenses and we will provide them ASAP.
• Both PCs must be running the same version of PowerPath. If this is not the case, please call us on the PowerLine at 800.641.3632.
• Only entire data tables can be moved, so if there is any data on the destination machine’s program, it will be overwritten. You can not move partial or individual records into an existing database at this time.
• Make a back up copy of your c:\PowerPath directory before you start. Use the Backup feature on Utility menu and save it to your desktop or selected folder. Name it with backup and the date for easy locating later. You will also need to save this file to an outside storage device so that you can carry it to the new PC for the transfer. As long as your system allows you to download files, you could also email the file and download it directly onto the new computer.
• Install PowerPath on the destination machine. You must be running the same version of the software on both PCs for guaranteed success.
• Unzip your back up file to the c:\PowerPath directory. Make sure that you do not overwrite the executable file. If asked, say NO to overwriting PW.exe. DO NOT OVERWRITE THE PW.EXE FILE!
• Start the PowerPath program and Reindex (under Utility menu)
That should do it. If all goes as planned your records should now be on the new pc.
• Review the list and delete sites no longer needed. (Remember all corresponding data will also be deleted.) Browse to find the selected site/group data to import
• Click on Delete.
• Repeat as needed to receive all desired data. When receiving is complete, click on Close.
NOTE: Using the remote site option will only transfer summary information. The remote site option will not transfer participant specific information. You will not be able to print an individual report for a participant entered from a different site when you use the remote site option.