The TLP Group, founded by social entrepreneur* Dr. Laura Weisel, focuses on providing the highest quality support for persons and programs helping those persons with special needs to learn and work. By providing the best research, tools, and professional development, The TLP Group strives to help all individuals and services to maximize their potentials.
Dr. Laura Weisel
The TLP Group was formed in 1993 as a social entrepreneural company to work in partnership with state departments, universities, colleges, workforce development, communities, corrections and other service providers. Our team works directly with service providers to co-create the tools needed to serve all types of participants, to monitor outcomes, and to demonstrate accountability. By combining the best talent, the most effective tools, efficient use of resources, and the latest evidence based research, The TLP Group hopes to make a dramatic impact on service delivery and client outcomes.
Laura P. Weisel, Ph.D. is CEO and Clinical Director of the TLP Group. Dr. Weisel has a M.A. in the field of reading, post-master studies in special education, and a Ph.D. in Educational Policy and Leadership focusing on learning, neuro and cognitive psychology, and research. Spending her early career years as a classroom teacher and a learning disability specialist in K - 12, Dr. Weisel has established and directed county, institutional, and statewide programs targeting both basic and literacy skills and behavioral healthcare services. As a passionate professional, she has authored numerous monographs, video series and webinars, articles, and publications.
Throughout the past 30+ years, Dr. Weisel has been drawn to researching how the brain learns, identifying holistic challenges to learning. She has focused her time on partnering with states and programs to create services that align with evidence-based research and practices, build communities of learners/workers that co-create their own learning/work, putting in place supports that match the natural learning process, and co-creating an awareness-based research community for profound innovation and change**.
Dr. Weisel continues to work across professional fields that emcompass education, workforce development, behavioral heathcare, at-risk youth, organizational development, process consulting, and authentic leadership development.
Tracey McIntyre joined the PowerPath Team in 2001, with over 15 years of marketing experience. As marketing coordinator for The TLP Group, Tracey works to improve communication with our PowerPath learning communities and produces many of our PowerPath materials Tracey also manages special projects and is most easily recognized for providing technical support for our PowerPath Software.
*A social entrepreneur uses traditional entrepreneurial principles to organize, construct, and manage a venture for creating needed social change to address a recognized social problem. The social entrepreneur often tackles social problems that have not been successfully solved by traditional government or nonprofit initiatives.
** Using a framework called Theory U, being developed by Otto Scharme and the Presencing Institute.
Exceptional customer service and professional support are guaranteed when you buy PowerPath to Education and Employment. By purchasing PowerPath and becoming Certified as a PowerPath professional, you join a growing network of users from across the country.
As a member of the PowerPath network, you can get more information and support from:
- PowerLine . . . From time to time, PowerPath users may encounter difficulties or have questions they would like to discuss with a specialist. Expert technical assistance and support are only a phone call away. Help is available for questions about software, using the PowerPath system and strategies, PowerPath implementation, etc. Please contact the PowerLine at 800.641.3632 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put in touch with a specialist to answer your questions or concerns.
- PowerPoints . . . handy tip sheets containing cutting edge information written by some of the leading experts in the country. Each PowerPoint tip sheet focuses on a single PowerPath topic or issue relevant to enhancing service in education and employment programs.
- PowerPath information packet – click here for a request form or send us an email
- Conference participation – click here for a schedule of upcoming conference appearances
- Personal consultation with Dr. Weisel – email Dr. Weisel for more information
The TLP Group
P.O. Box 21510
Columbus, OH 43221